Wednesday 24 September 2014

Navratri fast


Navratri starts tomorrow. I have told my wife that I will keep the fast throughout Navratri, and will also keep roza throughout the month of Ramzan.
 My decision is not for any religious reasons ( the only religion I believe in is service to the poor people, whom I regard as my God ) but for a scientific purpose. I think fasting is good for health, as it reduces the burden on the stomach, and keeps in check one's weight. I tend to get overweight from time to time, which apart from making a person look ungainly, is bad for the heart.
 Any suggestion what I should eat in Navratri ? My wife proposes to give me roasted potatoes, singharas  and fruit in the day, and one roti with one vegetable at night.

2 comments:

  1. Butter-milk in the daytime, curd-rice for night. Can't get more simpler and light-on-stomach than that. If you like fruits....well, have no suggestions. Fruits are to me like oil is to water...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir I would like to ask you
    Do you consider the cinema as an art form equal to the theatre,Literature etc?
    Have you watched the films of artists like Jean Renoir,Max Ophuls,Kenji Mizoguchi,Howard Hawks,John Ford and Satyajit Ray?
    They have produced works that stand at the highest achievement of art in any field.

    ReplyDelete